Islanding phenomenon detection systems protect grid connection when connecting a dispersed energy resources from new sources of energy (wind power generation and hydraulic power generation), etc. to the power grid with a reverse power flow. These systems incorporate all the protection elements required for grid interconnection with a reverse power flow. Our proprietary interharmonics current injection method is used for active elements to properly detect the islanding phenomenon.
- Islanding phenomenon is detected quickly and accurately based on the interharmonics current injection method indicated in the Grid-interconnection Code (JEAC 9701-2016).
- The system can be used for any type and number of pieces of power generation equipment.
- Mutual intervention is avoided by selecting different injected interharmonic orders even if multiple dispersed energy resources are installed in the same bank.
- The system incorporates OVs, UVs, DSs, OVGs, OFs, UFs, and all the passive and active elements that are required to protect grid interconnection with a reverse power flow. The applicability must be checked before installation. The applicability, recommended settings, and number of pieces of equipment can be determined based on the results.
|Operating Temperature Range
- What are the types of power generators to which the system can be applied?
- The system monitors the impedance (susceptance) on the grid side. Thus, the system can be applied to any power generators (an AC generator [synchronous or induction], a DC generator + an inverter). It can be used for any distributed energy resource such as wind power generation, cogeneration, small low head hydro power, fuel cell, biomass power generation equipment, etc.
- Is one system required per power generator?
- The system is completely independent from power generators. A single system is required per interconnection point regardless of the number of power generators.
- What is the power consumption?
- The power consumption of the equipment control power source (110 VDC) is 200 W or less. The power consumption of injection power source (single phase 210 V) is 600 W or less
- What is the fluctuation range of the control power source?
- The fluctuation range is within −20% to +30% of 110 VDC (88 V to 143 V). The ripple rate should be 5% or less.
- What is the service life of the product?
- The expected design service life is 15 years.
- Is maintenance necessary?
- Electrolytic power capacitors are used in injection circuits. Customers are requested to replace the power capacitors every six years and are recommended to conduct a periodic inspection every year (at least every three years). Interharmonics current injection method for active elements require special testers. For details, please contact us.
- What is the track record of delivery?
- As of February 2019, we have delivered over 400 units.