Storage battery systems consist of a storage battery, power conditioner, interconnection board, etc., and charge and discharge electricity based on the commands from the energy management system, etc. They are installed in customers’ equipment (e.g., facilities, business sites) independently or in combination with photovoltaic equipment, etc. for peak demand reduction or backup for a grid blackout. They are installed at solar power plant and wind power plant to cope with output fluctuations and improve the supply-demand balance, among other purposes.
Storage battery systems must be built and operated (controlled) for respective applications. We offer a one-stop service from examination of the system specifications, design, construction to follow-up services. We have a track record in delivering power conditioners for storage batteries. Our power conditioners have been used with lead-acid batteries, redox flow batteries, NAS® batteries, lithium-ion batteries, and Ni-MH batteries. We propose optimal storage batteries based on the customers’ requests, applications, or use conditions.
*NAS is the registered trademark of NGK INSULATORS, LTD., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Power Conditioner for Storage Battery
Power conditioners for storage battery consist of an AC-DC converter board, outdoor package, and interconnection transformer. The wide DC voltage range (470 to 750 V) ensures applicability to various storage batteries (e.g., lithium-ion batteries, lead-acid batteries, redox flow batteries, NAS® batteries).
- Scheduled operation or peak cut operation enabled by the built-in controller
- Operation based on charge/discharge commands from external equipment (host communication)
We have a track record of manufacturing general-purpose type and other products (e.g., 100 kVA, 250 kVA). For details, please contact us.
- Does Nissin Electric manufacture storage batteries in-house?
- No, we outsource storage batteries. We offer engineering solutions such as manufacture of equipment other than storage batteries (e.g., power conditioners for storage batteries, substation equipment, energy management systems) and building systems. We conduct various evaluations and tests on outsourced storage batteries in-house.
- What is Nissin Electric’s track record in storage battery systems?
- We started to manufacture and sell power conditioner for photovoltaic systems in 1980s. Regarding power conditioners for storage batteries, we have a track record of delivering products through joint verification projects with electric power companies, etc. since 1990.
- Does Nissin Electric handle only specific types of storage batteries?
- No, we select appropriate storage batteries for respective applications. We have a track record of delivering power conditioners by combining redox flow batteries, lithium-ion batteries, lead-acid batteries, NAS® batteries, Ni-MH batteries, etc.